7th Barrier
Welcome to 7th Barrier Offical Forums, please login or register if you would like to join our clan! Thanks.
7th Barrier
Welcome to 7th Barrier Offical Forums, please login or register if you would like to join our clan! Thanks.
7th Barrier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
7th Barrier

7th Barrier Communication Network

HomePortalRegisterApply HereRules and RegulationsLatest imagesLog in

GamesStop pulling MOH

Go down 
+2
sauron76
Next Generation
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Next Generation
SB Recruitment Team
SB Recruitment Team
Next Generation

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2010-04-11

GamesStop pulling MOH Empty
PostSubject: GamesStop pulling MOH   GamesStop pulling MOH EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 6:19 am

Uh-oh, this definitely doesn't sound good for Medal of Honor! Reports are coming in that the game is being pulled out of all GamesStop stores located within US military bases. Electronic Arts can blame the Taliban characters in their game for this development.

According to Kotaku, it's been confirmed that the Army and Air Force Exchange Services have in fact requeste the store from selling the game in all 49 branches located on North American bases. This ban should also extend to all military PXs all over the world.

And because GameStop has nothing but high regards for the men and women serving the country, they have sent out a directive to all concerned branches that Medal of Honor be pulled out from their games list.

"GameStop has agreed out of respect for our past and present men and women in uniform we weill nto carry Medal of Honor in any of our AAFES based stores. As such, GameStop agreed to have all marketing material pulled by noon today and to stop taking reservations. Customers who enter our AAFES stores and wish to reserve Medal of Honor can and should be directed to the nearest GameStop location off base.

GameStop fully supports AAFES in this endeavor and is sensitive to the fact that in multiplayer mode one side will assume the role of Taliban fighter."
Back to top Go down
sauron76
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
sauron76

Number of posts : 1485
Location : Mordor, where I rule supreme and slay all chickens who oppose me
Registration date : 2008-09-09

PostSubject: Re: GamesStop pulling MOH   GamesStop pulling MOH EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 4:30 am

well i guess it's ok to kill taliban fighters but not the other way around, i wonder if taliban youth is playing on ps3 and xbox training to kill other people in games like cod and battlefield.
Back to top Go down
Next Generation
SB Recruitment Team
SB Recruitment Team
Next Generation

PostSubject: Re: GamesStop pulling MOH   GamesStop pulling MOH EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 4:44 am

All nationalities must play all types of games, it all seems silly to me but then again i surpose if a games company keep continuing making games killing the same enemy ie taliban some peeps could or would use this as an excuse to start shit..
Well anyway thought i would lighten the mood, So here is a vid of us blowing the shit out of the taliban lol
Back to top Go down
Hardest
Co-Leader SBNL
Co-Leader SBNL
Hardest

Number of posts : 1109
Registration date : 2008-02-08

PostSubject: Re: GamesStop pulling MOH   GamesStop pulling MOH EmptyTue Sep 07, 2010 1:26 am

its just a game :S .. never get why people are doing so wird about games. its not reality.

and this is all extra promotion for medal of honor. so the only thng what will happen is that it will sell twice as much now. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Next Generation
SB Recruitment Team
SB Recruitment Team
Next Generation

PostSubject: Re: GamesStop pulling MOH   GamesStop pulling MOH EmptySat Sep 11, 2010 2:23 am

This is one pre-requisite that is totally in the hands of gamers. EA is putting out a condition of 3 million units sold before a sequel is even put into consideration for Medal of Honor.

Said Executive producer Greg Goodrich to New York Times, "I'm not going to be able to do another one" if that sales target is not met. After all, the company did shell out some serious bucks, even hiring military advisors just to make sure that the developers will be able to create a game which will allow "the player to fell, not like they're in a movie, but like they're in Afghanistan."

With the recent controversies surrounding the game, it sure would be a challenge for EA to meet that requirement. Or maybe not.

Medal of Honor comes out on October 15 for the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC. We'll know then if EA will be making a sequel for it.

Back to top Go down
Next Generation
SB Recruitment Team
SB Recruitment Team
Next Generation

PostSubject: Re: GamesStop pulling MOH   GamesStop pulling MOH EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 10:48 am

20DAYS TOO GO YAY
Back to top Go down
Simmons
SB Tactics Team
SB Tactics Team
Simmons

Number of posts : 1803
Registration date : 2009-05-04

PostSubject: Re: GamesStop pulling MOH   GamesStop pulling MOH EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 4:17 pm

Till MOH?
I didn't really like the beta so doubt i'll be getting this.. :/
Back to top Go down
Next Generation
SB Recruitment Team
SB Recruitment Team
Next Generation

PostSubject: Re: GamesStop pulling MOH   GamesStop pulling MOH EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 2:32 am

Despite EA's effort to change the Taliban moniker in the upcoming Medal of Honor reboot to "Opposing Forces," the Army & Air Force Exchange Service has maintained their stand not to sell the controversial title on its bases "out of respect to those touched by the ongoing, real-life events presented" in the game.

"While we regret any inconvenience this may cause, our position is consistent with the direction stated a month ago. I expect the military families who are authorized to shop the Exchange are aware, and understanding, of the decision not to carry this particular offering,” AAFES Commander Maj. Gen. Bruce Casella said in a statement.

In response to the statement made by the AAFES, EA's Senior Public Relations Manager Amanda Taggart said, "We respect AEFES' authority to decide what's best for their customers. EA has not asked for, and does not expect, a change in the Defense Department's decision to restrict the availability of Medal of Honor on bases."

Medal of Honor will be released on October 15, for the PS3, Xbox 360 and PC.

Back to top Go down
Next Generation
SB Recruitment Team
SB Recruitment Team
Next Generation

PostSubject: Re: GamesStop pulling MOH   GamesStop pulling MOH EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 2:37 am

Disbarment from practicing law apparently hasn't affected Jack Thompson's crusade against violent video games. The former lawyer has claimed victory in the wake of EA's decision to remove the Taliban from Medal of Honor. Also, he thinks those who disagree with his and his actions can "go to hell."

Early last month, PC Mag revealed that Thompson wrote a letter to U.S. Secretary of Defense Robert Gates urging him to block Medal of Honor's release.

Aside from the issue regarding the Taliban name, Thompson's letter alleged that the game "poses a demonstrable danger to our troops by providing a training tool for those who wish to kill them." He also accused EA of allowing underage gamers to pre-order the decidedly mature title.

EA has since removed the Taliban from the game's multiplayer component. In a pair of emails to gaming news site Ripten, Thompson claimed that this was a victory resulting from his actions. He also had some pretty choice words for those who don't agree with him and his actions:

I win again, as usual. Any gamers who don’t think so and who don’t appreciate what I do to protect our culture can go to Hell.

and please add: Any gamers that don’t know how to get to Hell on an expedited basis, let me know, and I’ll send along the cheat code to get there more quickly.
Back to top Go down
lucas27

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2011-02-08

PostSubject: Re: GamesStop pulling MOH   GamesStop pulling MOH EmptyWed Feb 09, 2011 7:23 pm

thanks for sharing i love your post

Next Generation
SB Recruitment Team
SB Recruitment Team
Next Generation

PostSubject: Re: GamesStop pulling MOH   GamesStop pulling MOH EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 8:09 am

No worries
Back to top Go down
Simmons
SB Tactics Team
SB Tactics Team
Simmons

Number of posts : 1803
Registration date : 2009-05-04

PostSubject: Re: GamesStop pulling MOH   GamesStop pulling MOH EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 10:07 am

lucas is a bot btw NG Wink :/
Back to top Go down
Jamesil
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
Jamesil

Number of posts : 457
Location : Chester; england. Having a nerd shesh most probably
Registration date : 2009-02-11

PostSubject: Re: GamesStop pulling MOH   GamesStop pulling MOH EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 12:28 pm

Lol at two things.

1. that post

2. more so at simmons shooting down nextgen's manors hahahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
Jamesil
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
Jamesil

PostSubject: Re: GamesStop pulling MOH   GamesStop pulling MOH EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 12:28 pm

Lol at two things.

1. that post

2. more so at simmons shooting down nextgen's manors hahahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
Jamesil
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
Jamesil

PostSubject: Re: GamesStop pulling MOH   GamesStop pulling MOH EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 12:29 pm

Apeared i lolled a 2 things twice how odd
Back to top Go down
Next Generation
SB Recruitment Team
SB Recruitment Team
Next Generation

PostSubject: Re: GamesStop pulling MOH   GamesStop pulling MOH EmptyThu Feb 10, 2011 2:35 pm

lmfao mad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GamesStop pulling MOH   GamesStop pulling MOH Empty

Back to top Go down

GamesStop pulling MOH
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
7th Barrier :: Public Forum :: General Discussion-
Jump to: