7th Barrier
Welcome to 7th Barrier Offical Forums, please login or register if you would like to join our clan! Thanks.
7th Barrier
Welcome to 7th Barrier Offical Forums, please login or register if you would like to join our clan! Thanks.
7th Barrier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
7th Barrier

7th Barrier Communication Network

HomePortalRegisterApply HereRules and RegulationsLatest imagesLog in

Maj Retiring....

Go down 
+5
sauron76
TheHatchetMan
Simmons
Hot__tuna
MajorCensus
9 posters
AuthorMessage
MajorCensus
Command in Chief / Founder
MajorCensus

Number of posts : 2572
Registration date : 2008-01-31

Maj Retiring.... Empty
PostSubject: Maj Retiring....   Maj Retiring.... EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 2:05 am

Hi guys,

Just thought Id bounce the idea around.

AS you all know my life has been on the change, yet again and I am unable to put in as much as I could. I lost my job last year, the went to work in a bar for a year which just sucked the time and day out of me, which finished with me having money taken from me by my employer and thus I left. Yep they tried to steal or still have stolen about 100 or so euros - and I cannot afford to get a lawer, the system over here prevents me from taking action by legal support if the mamount is below a certain point. Or I do it myself an it will cost me triple for what I get back.

Now with no job, I have decide to start my own business - yep in furniture. Designing and making again. I get support from the local unemployment services which basically give me 6 months of support ( cover the costs to run my house etc) while I set up. I got to pay it back but later down the line. So with the house paid for, I can concentrate on my business. This means a lot of late nights doing stuff that I am in the workshop for during the day. With this all going ahead, I feel I can no longer commit to the clan and must focus on my life. I dont want to give up or give in but I feel that retirement is probally best.

Today is the 7th of the 7th and its been about 7 years for me in SB.

I will always wear the SB Tag and always talk well of SB.

I hope that someone in SB takes up my offer of leadership, otherwise I will ask online on websites that I visit. I hope you respect my wishes and help SB go on into the future.
I am going to post in SBHQ, then in the open forums.

Gentlemen, you are always in my heart and mind.

Always dream Im yours and I will dream you are mine.
Till the end of all tme,
I'll be by yourside.

Always !

Marcus Jones

x

PS: A Dam good 7 years at that..!
Back to top Go down
http://www.leerwiki.nl/Emigreren_naar_Australi%25C3%25AB
Hot__tuna
Captain
Captain
Hot__tuna

Number of posts : 86
Registration date : 2010-05-04

Maj Retiring.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maj Retiring....   Maj Retiring.... EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 7:36 am

Sorry to hear this Maj i don't know you personally very well but what i know of you i will miss, best of luck with your furniture business and if you ever need a carpenter... *wink* <33333
Back to top Go down
Simmons
SB Tactics Team
SB Tactics Team
Simmons

Number of posts : 1803
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Maj Retiring.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maj Retiring....   Maj Retiring.... EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 3:04 pm

Will be missed, a great guy and an amazing player on the more skilled games like KZ from what I saw.
Good luck buddy.

Also, I don't feel like making my own thread but I don't play anymore either, a few months back I passed my driving test, and since then I have played my xbox and PS3 (collectively) about twice on an actual game, and only a couple more times to watch sky player..

I'm now applying for loads of jobs, in the hope that I will be luckier than Maj seemingly has been so I can get some more cash for a better car next year and general stuff.

May sell my consoles, not sure yet, but best of luck anyway, good times x
Back to top Go down
TheHatchetMan
SB Recruitment Team
SB Recruitment Team
TheHatchetMan

Number of posts : 705
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Maj Retiring.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maj Retiring....   Maj Retiring.... EmptyThu Jul 07, 2011 6:54 pm

Will miss you pal, hopefully see you back a year or so down the line buddy Smile

Just a shame SB has been so inactive for the past year and very few of those who are left are involved in competiteve gaming Sad
Back to top Go down
Hot__tuna
Captain
Captain
Hot__tuna

Maj Retiring.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maj Retiring....   Maj Retiring.... EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 4:35 am

TheHatchetMan wrote:

Just a shame SB has been so inactive for the past year and very few of those who are left are involved in competiteve gaming Sad

Lets do something about it! I'm itching to game competitivly and i know a few others are also!
Back to top Go down
TheHatchetMan
SB Recruitment Team
SB Recruitment Team
TheHatchetMan

Number of posts : 705
Registration date : 2009-02-06

Maj Retiring.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maj Retiring....   Maj Retiring.... EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 7:36 am

There isn't much to play though really as all the ladders are dead on PS3 apart from Call of Duty Black Ops.

Don't mean to be a Judas or antyhing but my Black Ops team I've been to 2 LANs with and I'm going to a 3rd so I'm sort of cemented in there. Bakc when I first joined them nobody here was interested in 4v4/LANs etc..
Back to top Go down
sauron76
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
sauron76

Number of posts : 1485
Location : Mordor, where I rule supreme and slay all chickens who oppose me
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Maj Retiring.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maj Retiring....   Maj Retiring.... EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 12:08 pm

I read your text like 5 times before i put in this post. You are a true inspiror major, i like reading your long texts, and i already had the feeling you might leave/retire due to your personal life. Of course your personal life has to be on track before you can invest into other things, like....gaming?lol but you get the idea.

My idea is that you don't retire, keep your status because you earned it the hard way, and pop up from time to time on the sb forum to read some topics, and if you feel like it give input. you don't have to hold our hands( i don't want to imagine what tuna does with his hands) but again if u feel like it, just give your opinion, or a direction or just read and post nothing, but knowing you you will give your opinion lol.
Maybe you pop up daily, weekly or monthly, actually irrelevant but if possible keep in touch.

Same goes for playing, when u have time pop up, if possible play some public/private matches or just chat with other players/members, just for fun.

so basically, don't step out of sb, but step alongside sb.

Back to top Go down
pickshinol
SB Member
SB Member
pickshinol

Number of posts : 366
Registration date : 2009-05-04

Maj Retiring.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maj Retiring....   Maj Retiring.... EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 12:38 pm

wow sucks, but I think it was inevitable, for what its worth you are doing the right thing maj, get your life in order first and good luck with that. I agree with Saurons idea btw.

Anyway it seems that SB is primarily just a loose group of players who play together regularly but not competitively. as we can all see the core isnt around anymore. its been a great ride. Good luck Maj we'll miss you.
Back to top Go down
Hot__tuna
Captain
Captain
Hot__tuna

Maj Retiring.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maj Retiring....   Maj Retiring.... EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 1:13 pm

Sauron, you don't wanna know what i do with my hands. What i do know is i wanna take you to a gay bar gay bar!
Back to top Go down
marky206x2c
SB Member
SB Member
marky206x2c

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Maj Retiring.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maj Retiring....   Maj Retiring.... EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 1:29 pm

Really sorry to hear this Maj. I have always know of SB being fronted by u. Everyone who's everyone know Maj back in the Cod4 days. Back then we had some classic SB members playing on the PS3 but as time has moved on so have our players too different consoles. Shame really coz I miss playing online with the likes of Maj, Jsun, Inothep, SIMM, Knoxy, Delta etc etc.

As we haves moved through the different games we have gained new players along the way. I still play regularly with Sauron, Salaronde, Picksy, Tuna, Mello, Willis so I know we still have good players still putting in the time.

I think for SB we need to get back into competitive gaming when the new Modern Warefare comes out in Nov. Only then will you see SB filling up with wannabe members again.

Maj if you really do decide to retire from SB you will be truly missed but I really hope that u only take a little break away from us and will soon enough return to help us once again build one of the best gaming clans out there Smile
Back to top Go down
Inferno
SB Member
SB Member

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2011-07-11

Maj Retiring.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maj Retiring....   Maj Retiring.... EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 1:44 pm

Yo Maj! You can't just retire, that's like Jesus giving up on religion...or colonel sanders giving up on KFC, bad examples or not...it's just not right man!

7 years is a long time and I'm sure you'll breeze through this part of life and find the time again once more, just take it easy in the mean time. You can't throw in the towel yet, not until you're 85 and unable to no scope anymore thanks to the many 'side effects' of old age Smile Either way, all the best in what you do next!
Back to top Go down
marky206x2c
SB Member
SB Member
marky206x2c

Number of posts : 167

Maj Retiring.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maj Retiring....   Maj Retiring.... EmptyTue Jul 12, 2011 2:00 pm

Maj and No Scope in the same sentance :S lol
Back to top Go down
MajorCensus
MajorCensus

Maj Retiring.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maj Retiring....   Maj Retiring.... EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 5:07 pm

You will move all mountains that stand in your path.!

Lol @ Inferno.

There are those who will walk past our patures and wander benieth our glimmering light and never know me or the warriors that are amongst us, and there will be those of many whom will forget me.

But Soldier, if I have been by yourside - I will never forget YOU..!

Right now the signal is weak, fight on fight on, I wont be far behind.

I am drained, worn, torn and exhausted - if not but to my last pint.

But for this clan, I will giveth my last drop.

Take the Lead boys, I will follow as your shadow and return after I have slept.

Always

Maj

x

Back to top Go down
MajorCensus
MajorCensus

Maj Retiring.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maj Retiring....   Maj Retiring.... EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 8:41 am

Hi Guys,

Hardly any time to even sleep these days.

Prolly done just a few hours playin last weekend, which in all fairness is down to me not being even at home. I had some watercolours to do for a client and now I got to do a whole list of things to make it run smooth - oh and do a realistic costing / estimate.

Heres my Website, the English is not yet finished and because I am focusing on the Dutch Market / Place where I live - we decided to get the Dutch text going first. Its not completely finished, we got more slide shows and pictures to install, this will happen soon, our web designer is on hols...

Hope u guys like it, i'd do a link to > SB <3 .... if they would let me Smile - maybe when the site gets going.

Working my hard, working my way back...

Keep at it guys, your all doing great!

Always

Maj

x

www.marquessmeubelkunst.nl
Back to top Go down
Neall-
Co-Leader/Admin
Co-Leader/Admin
Neall-

Number of posts : 2213

Maj Retiring.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maj Retiring....   Maj Retiring.... EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 11:43 am

is that all stuff you make?
looks awesome maj! do what you do best man Very Happy

Back to top Go down
sauron76
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
sauron76

Number of posts : 1485
Location : Mordor, where I rule supreme and slay all chickens who oppose me
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Maj Retiring.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maj Retiring....   Maj Retiring.... EmptyThu Jul 28, 2011 3:12 pm

impressive!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Maj Retiring.... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maj Retiring....   Maj Retiring.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Maj Retiring....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
7th Barrier :: Public Forum :: General Discussion-
Jump to: