7th Barrier
Welcome to 7th Barrier Offical Forums, please login or register if you would like to join our clan! Thanks.
7th Barrier
Welcome to 7th Barrier Offical Forums, please login or register if you would like to join our clan! Thanks.
7th Barrier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
7th Barrier

7th Barrier Communication Network

HomePortalRegisterApply HereRules and RegulationsLatest imagesLog in

Killzone 2 (in game play explained) Steam Machine

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Jsun
SB Sleeper
SB Sleeper

Number of posts : 103
Registration date : 2008-01-29

Killzone 2 (in game play explained) Steam Machine Empty
PostSubject: Killzone 2 (in game play explained) Steam Machine   Killzone 2 (in game play explained) Steam Machine EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 10:01 am

Back to top Go down
MajorCensus
Command in Chief / Founder
MajorCensus

Number of posts : 2572
Registration date : 2008-01-31

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 2 (in game play explained) Steam Machine   Killzone 2 (in game play explained) Steam Machine EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 1:47 pm

Thanks Jsun mate.

I still play KZ even to this day. Its a game I enjoy every time I play it, you can make it a challenge if you want to. It depends on how you see the options.

Anyhow, I saw this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PizjvxlKuH4

If that rifle he his carrying and using is the Helghast Assault rifle (Sta - 52 LAR - for short), then the ISA have a sweet suprise coming there way. It looks like the rifle can be modified to fire grenades as well...! affraid Take a look in the film, when he just joins the boss battle area. In the first few instances you see the effects of the onslaught and the screen changes colour, theres a sound distortion etc etc - you know your being hit..!. In the panic; he fires defensive and rather randomly and yet almost at the end of his fire: he fires off a grenade..! Its very close you can miss it - you will hear the noise though and that will tell you when to start looking..!

It looks like the Assault rifle is getting a grenade launcher too - perhaps one that is more sharper than that of the eliptical ISA's. The Helghast learned! lol Let's be honest, almost everybody turned out as ISA, has soon as you got your G's you could really do a war path and own an entire area. It allowed both short, to long range attack spears. Everybody complained about it; the infamous "slight" advantage. I must admit, there where maps that the shotty of the Helgy weapon pulls its own weight two fold..! It was wise to pick up their weapon Twisted Evil but in open waters the sharks would sting and the butterflies be eagles.

I was watching through the vid in question and noticed, just incase you don't remember reading about it...

THE HELGHAST RIFLE NOW COMES WITH A GRENADE LAUNCHER TOO ! - EQUAL MATCHES AGAINST THE UNDERDOGS..!

Wink

silent

Take a look for yourself, its nearly missed by the eye... cyclops

tanks Team!

SBMC
tongue
Back to top Go down
http://www.leerwiki.nl/Emigreren_naar_Australi%25C3%25AB
Knoxy_
Co-Leader/Admin
Co-Leader/Admin
Knoxy_

Number of posts : 428
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 2 (in game play explained) Steam Machine   Killzone 2 (in game play explained) Steam Machine EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 1:54 pm

well well well..........that game looks mint............cant ait for SB to return to Killzone once more!!

Knoxy
Back to top Go down
http://www.7thbarrier.com
MajorCensus
MajorCensus

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 2 (in game play explained) Steam Machine   Killzone 2 (in game play explained) Steam Machine EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 2:29 pm

lol

Yeah...

Im not sure how I am going to handle all this...!

Returning home - a new world - a fresh start!

Whoooooooo

Well I got till september to buy a house, save up for a projector and a 7.1 Surround sound...along with setting up a serious games room! OH, and I have a friends wedding in Auss and also another one (family) in the US, so until I can back online my life in being active and online with gaming is going to be minimal..? Crying or Very sad Of course KZ is a priority - no doubt about it and SB will have a presence there far stronger than ever before!!!!! I will say more on the matter more closer to the time. Putting that aside, I have to look after my girlfiend - make sure theres enough fuel in the engin3 I love you

maj
silent
Back to top Go down
MajorCensus
MajorCensus

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 2 (in game play explained) Steam Machine   Killzone 2 (in game play explained) Steam Machine EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 3:53 pm

PS: Your missing the point knoxy M8- Sorry..! : The Weapon now has a f*kn Grenade launcher attached..! Do you know how many rounds the old model had compared to the ISA's... Okay accuracy was a tad on the roam side but get in close and they where history. Despite the twitchy hire n fire loss on the roaming rounds, you had loads to play with, infact often that you needed to stop to reload lol. You could also just sharp tap and pull off great headshots while maintaining good cover.

The ISA owned in that day... Seriously - Being a Helghast was like being a hooker with HIV...! No offense mum!

Embarassed

maj
bounce
Back to top Go down
Bergy
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Bergy

Number of posts : 326

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 2 (in game play explained) Steam Machine   Killzone 2 (in game play explained) Steam Machine EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 6:25 pm

MajorCensus wrote:
PS:
The ISA owned in that day... Seriously - Being a Helghast was like being a hooker with HIV...! No offense mum!
bounce

Laughing cant agree more! Even in pistols only rounds i felt like it was a disadvantage beeing Helghast Razz
Back to top Go down
Bergy
Co-Founder
Co-Founder
Bergy

Number of posts : 326

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 2 (in game play explained) Steam Machine   Killzone 2 (in game play explained) Steam Machine EmptyThu Feb 07, 2008 6:48 pm

MajorCensus wrote:
It looks like the rifle can be modified to fire grenades as well...! THE HELGHAST RIFLE NOW COMES WITH A GRENADE LAUNCHER TOO !

Im not 100% sure u got that correct mate.. although i want to believe it! it looked awefully similar to the old helghast ass.rifle.. I havent played KZ for about a year now though so i might be mistaken, but i believe it was just a shotgun add-on we saw there.. Neutral Too good to be true if they learned and installed a grenade launcher Laughing
Back to top Go down
CanoNxFoddeR
SB Special Guest
SB Special Guest
CanoNxFoddeR

Number of posts : 167
Registration date : 2008-01-28

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 2 (in game play explained) Steam Machine   Killzone 2 (in game play explained) Steam Machine EmptySat Feb 09, 2008 6:30 am

um Major They just remoddled the Helghast rifle slightly. I remember reading this or seeing this on an interview. Its still only a Shotgun attachment. And looking closely at the vid there's nothing to suggest him shooting a grenade off. soz
Back to top Go down
http://www.7thbarrier.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Killzone 2 (in game play explained) Steam Machine   Killzone 2 (in game play explained) Steam Machine Empty

Back to top Go down

Killzone 2 (in game play explained) Steam Machine
Page 1 of 1