7th Barrier
Welcome to 7th Barrier Offical Forums, please login or register if you would like to join our clan! Thanks.
7th Barrier
Welcome to 7th Barrier Offical Forums, please login or register if you would like to join our clan! Thanks.
7th Barrier
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
7th Barrier

7th Barrier Communication Network

HomePortalRegisterApply HereRules and RegulationsLatest imagesLog in

TheHatchetMan app

Go down 
+3
Next Generation
Hardest
TheHatchetMan
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TheHatchetMan
SB Recruitment Team
SB Recruitment Team
TheHatchetMan

Number of posts : 705
Registration date : 2009-02-06

TheHatchetMan app Empty
PostSubject: TheHatchetMan app   TheHatchetMan app EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 10:19 pm

Mark Smyth
Belfast

Uncharted 2 ladder champ
Uncharted 2 league 3rd
BFC2 ladder 3rd
BFBC2 tournament semis
EUeS MW2 p2p QF
MW2 (likely to win GB playoffs if that means anything) :p
Attending COD4 LAN October 22nd - 24th

Also a moderator on EUeSports and spend a lot of time helping move the ps3 gaming scene forward, spoken to allot of top people in gaming associated with MLG as well as various companys about EUeSports. I feel I have a good knowledge of the current gaming scene and that I have built myself a strong well known reputation.

I would like to be considered to rejoin 7th Barrier for all games, apart from possibly Black Ops 4v4 ladder as I am attending a LAN with a team and hope to play 4v4 with them although I could possibly get them to play other the SB name.

I'm not coming across as stubborn but when I joined the team I brought life into it and allot of new faces, I don't want to see SB die and I have a passion for gaming, I want to help take it to the next level.
I also have an ambition to make SB into an org in the future if the members were ever interested in this, a community clan but also an org similar to invictus for anyone who follows the gaming scene.
I would love to see the SB name represented by all the top teams and acknowledged as a top org with sponsors from various companys while also having the clan run coincide with it and a sort of community feel where we have the big stars representing the SB tag globally but also a community of players playing for fun as a pastime.

I suppose my ambitions and views will leave a few of you sceptical but it is a dream of mine which can be discussed another time. I would still like to be considered to join the team though as a competitor Smile
Back to top Go down
Hardest
Co-Leader SBNL
Co-Leader SBNL
Hardest

Number of posts : 1109
Registration date : 2008-02-08

TheHatchetMan app Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheHatchetMan app   TheHatchetMan app EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 1:52 am

HATCHET! Very Happy

it fine with me!
some great ambitions u got there man.
I got the same goal for SB on black ops, to finally get into the top 5 among the best clans again but now on the ps3.

We got a pretty prfessional and dedicated xbox team. Now its time for the PS3 team to get on the same line as our xbox team.
Back to top Go down
Next Generation
SB Recruitment Team
SB Recruitment Team
Next Generation

Number of posts : 552
Registration date : 2010-04-11

TheHatchetMan app Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheHatchetMan app   TheHatchetMan app EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 3:24 am

You got my vote too..

Your goals (idea's) for SB are achievable and would help bring us forward as a clan.

Back to top Go down
TheHatchetMan
SB Recruitment Team
SB Recruitment Team
TheHatchetMan

TheHatchetMan app Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheHatchetMan app   TheHatchetMan app EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 4:05 am

Thanks Smile

For Black Ops I believe there will be both a clan ladder and a quads ladder, I don't see why we can't do well on the clan ladder although quads will be much more difficult and I currently play with a group of 4 players although once again I would be willing to make a sacrifices and possibly even leave that team.

But I would like to see the team get more active, especially with Killzone, Resistance, Socom all around the corner after Black Ops. Not blowing my own trumpet but because of my position on EUeSports, I feel I know allot of people in the gaming scene now and I could really help recruit for any future titles with the new generation of players.

On the other side of things, if you wanted to also try to get a bigger name on the likes of Halo, Gears Of War etc.. then I would be interested in helping SB through "picking up" teams of good players and putting money into sponsoring them for tournaments while they also represent the SB name and in return take a percentage of winnings.
If we wanted to go down this route while also playing on CG ladders ourselves then I could probably get a new website made for free by the owner of EUeSports as he said to me if I ever need it down he could, he could also then assist through making us GFX.

So anyway those are my two ideas, obviously I am happy enough if people don't want to take a step into the "org" business and if I get accepted as a clan member then this can be discussed over time in the appropriate members section.

Thanks for the support, I remember enquiring last year and getting knocked back Sad
Still stuck with my same team The Yellow Team for the past year but it just isn't the same, I don't know the members as well as I knew SB members and they just aren't a terribly exciting crowd of people to play with.

In the meantime my skype is markdsmyth if anyone here uses it. Allot of gamers use skype these days as a way to communicate and it is much better than in game comms for non respawn game modes, I don't know whether you use it but that is my skype anyway Smile
Back to top Go down
Next Generation
SB Recruitment Team
SB Recruitment Team
Next Generation

TheHatchetMan app Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheHatchetMan app   TheHatchetMan app EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 4:42 am

Killzone is definitely going to be big for SB but i would also like resistance and socom backed up by the clan members as these are all excellent online games.

I remember when you applied last year, and got knocked back. I was new here then.
Still dont know what the other recruiters will decided this time.

The ps3 side of things has gone quite for SB where as the xbox team is on a high. We still have good PS3 players but need a boost or somit.
HARDEST is trying to turn this around and so are the other members but we still need new blood in my opinion.

Give Hatch a chance i say.
Back to top Go down
Hardest
Co-Leader SBNL
Co-Leader SBNL
Hardest

TheHatchetMan app Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheHatchetMan app   TheHatchetMan app EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 5:41 am

Next Generation wrote:
Killzone is definitely going to be big for SB but i would also like resistance and socom backed up by the clan members as these are all excellent online games.

I remember when you applied last year, and got knocked back. I was new here then.
Still dont know what the other recruiters will decided this time.

The ps3 side of things has gone quite for SB where as the xbox team is on a high. We still have good PS3 players but need a boost or somit.
HARDEST is trying to turn this around and so are the other members but we still need new blood in my opinion.

Give Hatch a chance i say.

+1 this

I never had any problems with hatchet in this clan.
some other members had problems with him rejoining.
i think hes a great guy that helped SB alot on CoD4.
Back to top Go down
TheHatchetMan
SB Recruitment Team
SB Recruitment Team
TheHatchetMan

TheHatchetMan app Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheHatchetMan app   TheHatchetMan app EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 7:18 am

Thanks Hardest & Next, I guess I was too outspoken at times but just some policies I felt never worked.

When you apply for the clan it is like going through a police check and signing a contract for a big job, made out to be much more than it is.
Plenty of good players have reached these forums and given up at the first hurdle because the clan asks too much in such a short time to join, you can't expect a new recruit to be active on the forums when the forums are as dead as they are now.

Also I wouldn't be so sure about Killzone. I was in the team for Killzone 2 and everyone said that things would get active again seeing as the team started on Killzone but nothing ever happened.

I don't know the ins and outs but I doubt enough of the team will ever get active again and new recruits are necessary.
Back to top Go down
Hardest
Co-Leader SBNL
Co-Leader SBNL
Hardest

TheHatchetMan app Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheHatchetMan app   TheHatchetMan app EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 8:44 am

yeah recruiting is to much of a hassle we need to losen it up people just need to apply like u just did and get a trail and that should be it.

we do need new recruits. especially if we as a clan want activity on more then 1 game. every game should have its own SB team on it.

Last edited by Hardest on Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Simmons
SB Tactics Team
SB Tactics Team
Simmons

Number of posts : 1803
Registration date : 2009-05-04

TheHatchetMan app Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheHatchetMan app   TheHatchetMan app EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 8:47 am

Haven't read it all but approve tbf, need some more people in for ps3 and hatchet did well as a recruiter last time. Invictus are poo though, hate to say that Razz

edit: need someone like you for the cod team to drill home some things like callouts and strats quicker for the Bops ladder, I tried for mw2 but went to xbox shotly after so nothing happened.

Last edited by Simmons on Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Hardest
Co-Leader SBNL
Co-Leader SBNL
Hardest

TheHatchetMan app Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheHatchetMan app   TheHatchetMan app EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 8:48 am

score:

Yes - 3
no - 0
Back to top Go down
TheHatchetMan
SB Recruitment Team
SB Recruitment Team
TheHatchetMan

TheHatchetMan app Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheHatchetMan app   TheHatchetMan app EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 9:04 am

Woo Smile

Yeah I know what I'm at, plus will have LAN xp soon, hopefully see SB at the next ECL :p

What has happened to Maj recently, hopefully get him active again on forums, speak to him occasionally on psn.
Back to top Go down
Simmons
SB Tactics Team
SB Tactics Team
Simmons

TheHatchetMan app Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheHatchetMan app   TheHatchetMan app EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 1:11 pm

well our xbox team will be there probably, just picked up brennan whilst dropping another of our players, joshvo.

i reckon ECL2 will be in manchester, if it is we'll be there and ill be staying at brennans LOL.

seems to be a good pick up, havent scrimmed together much as him and finlay hate the game, whilst neall is (i guess) being swamped in uni work, but hes like one of my best mates online (if you can get that :L), and we're sound with him so he should be loyal, + the fact hes only ever lost like one tourny match is a good sign Razz Wink
Back to top Go down
TheHatchetMan
SB Recruitment Team
SB Recruitment Team
TheHatchetMan

TheHatchetMan app Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheHatchetMan app   TheHatchetMan app EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 2:25 pm

Yeah cool, well I will see Mellow in a fortnight so will try to get it out of him then Smile

Should be big.
Back to top Go down
sauron76
Co-Leader
Co-Leader
sauron76

Number of posts : 1485
Location : Mordor, where I rule supreme and slay all chickens who oppose me
Registration date : 2008-09-09

TheHatchetMan app Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheHatchetMan app   TheHatchetMan app EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 2:59 pm

hello hatchet, we both know we have had our arguments, reading your text you sound sincere so you have my vote.
Back to top Go down
Simmons
SB Tactics Team
SB Tactics Team
Simmons

TheHatchetMan app Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheHatchetMan app   TheHatchetMan app EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 3:33 pm

Ah how come ur seeing Mellow? Reading lan?

was thinking about coming back to ps3 to try and make/get a team for the reading LAN, but left it too late and was too much effort so didnt bother.
Back to top Go down
TheHatchetMan
SB Recruitment Team
SB Recruitment Team
TheHatchetMan

TheHatchetMan app Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheHatchetMan app   TheHatchetMan app EmptyThu Oct 07, 2010 4:37 pm

sauron76 wrote:
hello hatchet, we both know we have had our arguments, reading your text you sound sincere so you have my vote.

Thanks I appreciate it, I guess I have grown up quite a bit :p

@Simmons - Yeh he is coming down, few guys are from decerto. Black Ops will be interesting, got quite a few from 360 coming over and quite a few from ps3 going to 360 as well, not sure whether I will sweat it out 4v4 or just stick to the proper clan wars which I am glad CG is supporting as well Smile
Back to top Go down
MajorCensus
Command in Chief / Founder
MajorCensus

Number of posts : 2572
Registration date : 2008-01-31

TheHatchetMan app Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheHatchetMan app   TheHatchetMan app EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 3:18 am

NO..!

- Looks like Im out voted..

lolz

Just joking Hatch, u know that soldier.

A couple of months ago I posted this ( below ), in the hope that it would open up and allow players and members of SB to naturally grow with their new friends and comrades that they meet online. In my mind, this was to let us do just that - and lossen up. I thought I had posted it everywhere but sometimes, and all thats been written here can be lost, even to the most aware and diligent. I cant see the text for the words, like the woods for the trees. But its all about bringing in the guys you all get on with, thats the bottom line, people you can trust, talk and laugh with and yet also knuckle down with to get the job done!

So what I see, is that its not about if you want to join SB, its about do those who want you or have you play by there sides want you you in the SB Team.?. By the looks of it, these past few quotes have already made the decision for you.

Thats why its important to have those you like by yourside. For just like me, now in moments of sadness due to my lack of action and SB activity - due to my life, now feeling strength and energy again in hearing all your comments and words. All of what you all have wrote about and your passion and investment in SB has also lived on in me, I too have dreams for this great clan and to date I have not given in. And to see all what you have inside, again fills me with inspiration and joy.

Thankyou SB - For still surviving and carrying on...

Hatchet, my only fear with you is this: Is that in sucess there comes complacency...

FFL

Fill forms later, and get this boat afloat!!!!

Smile

STATEMENT FROM SB:

All SB members who have now served in SB over three months have now the right to invite friends into SB without having to have them register on our forum or website. All we request is that you as SB Member / new Team Captain, tell us who they are and declare your team to us so leadership knows whom sails in our ship... Further more so if they are to become registered on our gaming ladders - as this is a legitimate must > as it is for competitive clanships.

Your friends can now join us, without hassel, wear the same game tag as you and be given the full acknowledgement of the SB Clan. Although, technically they will be classesd as "SB Freelancers" - they will also fall under your control and also under the condition that they follow and adhere to our protocols, game rules and our set base regulations. None of this they have to sign - they only have to be by yourside.

This Announcement has been brought to you by the SB Recruitment Team.

Gentlemen.

Major Out!

xx
x

Back to top Go down
http://www.leerwiki.nl/Emigreren_naar_Australi%25C3%25AB
TheHatchetMan
SB Recruitment Team
SB Recruitment Team
TheHatchetMan

TheHatchetMan app Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheHatchetMan app   TheHatchetMan app EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 8:21 am

Ready when you are Smile
Back to top Go down
Next Generation
SB Recruitment Team
SB Recruitment Team
Next Generation

TheHatchetMan app Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheHatchetMan app   TheHatchetMan app EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 8:44 am

So SB with all members so far agreeing to the HATCHETMAN joining we should give him his colours sooner rather than later, like we have said about keeping recruits hanging around for ages not knowing what there status is, we don't wont to be doing this anymore.

OR we may loose more possible recruits in the future if we keep our old ways.. So lets make a quick decision and keep it this way for future members...

Thanks Next Gen
Back to top Go down
Simmons
SB Tactics Team
SB Tactics Team
Simmons

TheHatchetMan app Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheHatchetMan app   TheHatchetMan app EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 8:45 am

yeah, ps3 seems to be rapidly catching up with 360 in the cod scene in competitiveness, though theres still no game to compete with halo on the ps3.

would be nice if you could get some info out of mellow about ecl2 ;]
Back to top Go down
TheHatchetMan
SB Recruitment Team
SB Recruitment Team
TheHatchetMan

TheHatchetMan app Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheHatchetMan app   TheHatchetMan app EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 9:15 am

Cheers Gen, haha remember Hydro who used to be in SB? I put an advert on gumtree the other day with his number saying he was selling a ps3, he got like 15 phone calls, thought it was hillarious :p

Anyway yeh it is catching up and the only games which could compete with Halo/Gears are Socom, Killzone and Resistance. It just takes someone to have the initiative to make these games more serious which is what hopefully EUeS will do.
Back to top Go down
MajorCensus
MajorCensus

TheHatchetMan app Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheHatchetMan app   TheHatchetMan app EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 2:32 am

Not quite sure how to change the colour tbh...

But you got updated Hatch.

GL

- maj

Wink
Back to top Go down
TheHatchetMan
SB Recruitment Team
SB Recruitment Team
TheHatchetMan

TheHatchetMan app Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheHatchetMan app   TheHatchetMan app EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 6:37 am

Cheers, only just realised there now, will get round to telling my old team (TYT) now.

Just for the record I will explain why I left.

I was a member of the team since I left SB near enough, was over a year anyway and we did well together, they even had a clan meet which I didn't attend as it was in England and I couldn't afford it at the time.

I just thought I was slightly more distanced from the team though, I joined because a few friends were there and they all gave up on gaming and those who were left spent more time playing single player games and when we did play BF and stuff, more times than enough I was left in a squad on my own due to the system so I felt like a black sheep.
Back to top Go down
MajorCensus
MajorCensus

TheHatchetMan app Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheHatchetMan app   TheHatchetMan app EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 5:36 am

Well never let good friends fade.

We all do it and some time we forget and then theres time when we need them, so dont distance yourselfs from those who you get on with or enjoy the time with.

I never will forget those time I had with my team, those from before, where we started (KZ). Its always a pleasure when we get together again and the old humour and brotherhood still lies in the wait.Sb was always about having fun, talking, playing and doing but in a way where we never pissed off other players, we played fair , played decent, and played as clever / organsied as we could - giving us the advantage, of where the competition had not seen - and we never tried to make enemies. I maybe one the last SB Originals but I know that all those who are part of us, would always know that I push on and be promoting the good will of SB. We have made things tight in the past, mainly because of our bonds and experiences. We have also adapted to the changing game world, thus our flexiblity and connections haver seen us through. All Im trying to say is, is dont burn your bridges, even if you think you have lost it to the enemy.For friends can become enemys and enemies can make friends and the more you have on your side, the better chance you have at attracting the type of friends you need.

SB is in the process of seeing a new era, a new team, a s new ethos and maybe a new awakening? I wont stand byor hold back any hope that we can make a new and continue as a team into the future. Like I say, the passions you have, I have too - and thus these are the grounds to bring together a new. From those whom are left, will again spawn the new team of the future. I will be around to guide, if you have hears and a soul to listen... Although I may fade from time to time, I will Always be by the side, of the soldiers of SB - Always..!

Gentlemen, there are new battlefields to own. Let the strongest stand.

maj out.!
Smile
Back to top Go down
picks

TheHatchetMan app Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheHatchetMan app   TheHatchetMan app EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 4:04 am

Yeah well said Maj

good luck hatchet and SB as a whole

Pickshinol
Back to top Go down
Next Generation
SB Recruitment Team
SB Recruitment Team
Next Generation

TheHatchetMan app Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheHatchetMan app   TheHatchetMan app EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 4:46 am

Hay yo Pickshinol , I think i remember you saying on here that you were leaving, but did not realise you had left. (well i dont think anyway) Sad to see you have left. good luck in all you do.
TheHatchetMan app Attachment
Back to top Go down
appleitus
SB Oath
SB Oath
appleitus

Number of posts : 354

TheHatchetMan app Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheHatchetMan app   TheHatchetMan app EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 5:43 am

+++1 for Hatch Smile

Im hoping to be more active when B ops is out, well, ill get on at least once a week anyway. I think we should give Killerkal an opportunity; not as a full member but maybe as a SB in training. Get him into tactics and stuff now, so he ready when he's called upon.

I know he plays with Sauron quite a bit, what do you think of him Sau?
Back to top Go down
TheHatchetMan
SB Recruitment Team
SB Recruitment Team
TheHatchetMan

TheHatchetMan app Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheHatchetMan app   TheHatchetMan app EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 6:34 am

KillerKal is a relative of yours... son I think? :p

I will need to get round to clearing up some space on my friends list.

Should defo give him a chance, doesn't have to play the big games but we could give him a map here and there against easier clans and get him a bit of xp.
Best way to learn is through playing clan matches, having a gamebattles team is good for that due to how easy it is to find games - only bad thing is the scrubby kids Sad
Back to top Go down
appleitus
SB Oath
SB Oath
appleitus

Number of posts : 354

TheHatchetMan app Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheHatchetMan app   TheHatchetMan app EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 7:00 am

scrubby kids like Kal- Wink

cg - KillaKal-
psn - KillerKal-

I know he's my son and im biest, i knows he's 12 but he gets scores like the image below on the regular in open rooms. I even think he would give ino a run for his money sniping, well, he'd own ino tbh Razz

TheHatchetMan app Photo010
Back to top Go down
TheHatchetMan
SB Recruitment Team
SB Recruitment Team
TheHatchetMan

TheHatchetMan app Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheHatchetMan app   TheHatchetMan app EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 7:06 am

haha I see :p

Well MW2 is dead now from a clan point of view as everything has calmed down, should get him on the Black Ops roster though, will do no harm :p

If he is getting scores like that at 12 years old then he must be pretty good Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

TheHatchetMan app Empty
PostSubject: Re: TheHatchetMan app   TheHatchetMan app Empty

Back to top Go down

TheHatchetMan app
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next